10 Things We Didn’t Know Last WeekJuly 15, 2008 at 4:27 pm | Posted in Girltalk | Leave a comment
Tags: Did you Know, Information, Knowledge
This is quite an interesting article I just read on Arabian Business called “10 Things We Didn’t Know Last Week“. Below I’ve posted 8 of the 10 things for anyone interested in gaining a bit more General Knowledge. If you enjoyed these, Fonzation has a couple of posts entitled “Did You Know” for further reading.
1. The Chrysler Building in New York is 1,047ft tall and remains the tallest brick built structure in the world.
2. Great White Sharks have, on average, 3,000 teeth in their heads.
3. The world’s deadliest animal is not a crocodile or a lion but a tiny little mosquito – responsible for two million deaths every year.
4. The coldest temperature ever recorded was in Vostock II, Antarctic on July 21, 1983. It was measured at a chilly -89.2C.
5. A scarf is an efficient weapon for serial murder after one is believed to have been used to kill eight women in Tehran.
6. Cow farts can save the world by helping to control climate change.
7. The green part of the Emirates flag represents fertility. The white is for neutrality while the black is for oil wealth and the red recalls the flags of the Kharijite Muslims.
8. While Dubai’s population grew by nearly eight percent last year, the UAE’s capital, Abu Dhabi, has seen a drop of 11 percent since 2004.