Getting Ready for the Big 30!!July 28, 2008 at 4:54 pm | Posted in Girltalk | 2 Comments
Tags: Age, Birthday, Turning 30
A little over one week to go and there will be no turning back. I will officially be 30 years old although if you ever meet me in real life, I will never admit to being a day over 28 😉 I must admit, I have been in a bit of a panic although I was quite cool about the idea in the beginning of the year and even wrote a whole post about my excitement of “Turning Thirty“. I mean I don’t mind it happening but I’m not too thrilled about being only 10 years away from 40.
Anyway, here are my last words of advice as a 29 year old to all you twenty somethings reading this.
1. If you are going to change something in your lifestyle (losing weight, smoking, bad habits), do it before you turn 30. Actually do it before you are are 28 because it gets harder to change things as you get older.
2. Have FUN!!! Most of us don’t realize that the early twenties are truly the only time in your life that you literally don’t have 10% of the responsibilities you will have for the rest of your life.
3. Everything will pass!!! Stop having panic attacks over bad hair days, breakups that you are sure would have never worked or a zit. Cuz you will look back on them and wish you didn’t waste so much time caring.
4. Enjoy the beauty of being “Natural”. Don’t bother yourself with creams and makeup in your twenties because you don’t need to. You will look beautiful with or without. You have the rest of your life to use those and they will be a necessity.
5. Use a ton of moisturizer. You will be happy you did later on.
6. Keep in mind that everything you do to your body in your twenties will show eventually. Trust me on this one. LOL. All those damn doritos I thought I could lose in a week will NOT GO!
Ok i know i sound really old talking like this. But maybe this is because 30 is literally just around the corner. So just accept it. Plus I really wish I applied all this when I was starting out in my twenties.